Thursday, November 19, 2009

Can't "verify" with Google, can someone please tell me how else to know if website is visable to "googlebots"?

I am helping update a website using Small Business Office Live. The website has been submitted to DMOZ, Google, and many others over the last couple of weeks, but the website itself seems to still be invisible to Google and the other search engines. I am unable to verify my website with Google. When I tried to verify using HTML code, I figured out how to insert HTML code in general, but was unable to upload the HTML file as requested by Google because Small Business Office Live won't let me add a file that contains "special characters" such as periods in the file name, and the HTML file name ended with ".html". I couldn't figure out how to insert the Metatag in the specific location that Google asked for, and simply entering the requested Metatag did not suffice. Do any of you know how to either: (1) Verify a website designed with OfficeLive with Google; or (2) an alternate way to see if a website is visible to Googlebots without first verifying with Google?

Can't "verify" with Google, can someone please tell me how else to know if website is visable to "googlebots"?
Well, this won't necessarily tell you whether googlebots can read your site, but if you go to: http://webconfs.com/search-engine-spider... you can see how their spiders see your site. Its super-easy, you just just type in the website's URL and you get instant results for free.


No comments:

Post a Comment