Monday, November 16, 2009

Google adwords helpdesk won't help....can anyone else?

Recently signed up to google adwords for my property website, but I can't get my ad to appear. I'm targeting a very specific conference in Cannes called LIONS so have picked "cannes lions" to be my keywords, yet depsite being within budget, despite there being only 1 or 2 other ads appearing, I cannot get my ad to appear. The campaign is "active" but it just doesn't work. It did briefly work with google network but has never actually worked for google search itself....I appreciate it's all a bit vague but has anyone any ideas as the google email helpdesk refuses to answer my emails.....

Google adwords helpdesk won't help....can anyone else?
A few things came to mind when I saw this question





1. Maybe you weren't one of the top 3 or 4 other bid advertisers for that keyword selection which made the google adwords ad not appear on Google search. But I did the search myself and say only two competitors


www.riviera-luxury-villas.com


www.luxury-rentals-cannes.com





If you aren't one of these villa locations, check back your settings to make sure you didn't make a mistake in setting up the account. If no mistakes then you probably need to bid more per click to beat out the other competitors (2......er?).





2. I'm presuming that it is the advertisers awards and not the film festival that takes place in France?


Checking a keyword suggesion tool Overture's


http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchin...





I saw that only 338 searches for "cannes lions" was made in January 2007. So you do have a small targeted market.


The problem is probably that the market is too small?


Not many people surfing on to search for cannes lions directly and missing your ad.





Another tool Wordtracker-showed only 3 searches for the day





Try changing up the keywords with more phrases. If you type in cannes alone in Overture it gives a few. But bear in mind that a lot of the combinations given for that is for the "cannes film festival".
Reply:Get help here, http://paidforwritedown .blogspot .com


No comments:

Post a Comment