Monday, November 16, 2009

If Google Calendar is embedded on your site, are the events visible to search engines?

I have been wondering and trying to test this. If you have a website with a Google calendar embedded on it, such as my website http://www.liverystable.net (Events) will the events on the calendar be visible to search engines?





For instance, if someone is searching for a Peter Campbell Horse Training Clinic in Olympia, Washington on March 14, 2008 will the google or yahoo search engines give them my website as a result? I realize my site would probably be listed on the umpteen-millionth page, depending on the popularity of the event searched for. But I have tried to test this, and they don't seem visible. Which, for search engine optimization purposes, our Events listings would draw more traffic to our website if they were not set up on a Google calendar.





Am I correct? Or can you find events on a Google calendar by searching for them through popular search engines such as Google and Yahoo?

If Google Calendar is embedded on your site, are the events visible to search engines?
No. Those embeds are usually a java script code that Google does not read. Google can't read javascripts

skin care

No comments:

Post a Comment