Friday, November 13, 2009

I'm having major trouble with Google Pack. Google Groups says I should uninstall Google Updater;can't find it.

I asked a similar question here 3 days ago, and was advised to uninstall the program, but I can't find "GoogleUpdater" on my computer to uninstall.





I've been able to uninstall whatever Google stuff that's on my Programs list, and Add/Remove Programs. I didn't remove Google Desktop Search and Google Video, but i'll be happy to remove them if they're part of Google Pack and/or Google Updater.





The "Google Team" suggested to a member of "Google Pack Help" to go to Task Manager, Processes,and "Show processes from all users", and "Image Name", and to "End Process' on any instance of "GoogleUpdater.exe", but there were no instances of "Google Updater.exe" to end.


Thanks!

I'm having major trouble with Google Pack. Google Groups says I should uninstall Google Updater;can't find it.
It is my understanding that Google Pack is a *set* of programs, each of which is *self-updating* (no "Google Updater.exe"). For example, I have, not Google Pack, but *some* (not all) the elements: Picassa, Desktop, Toolbar. Each of these updates itself whenever an update is available - I suppose (as is the case with my anti-virus software or Firefox) a poll is sent out whenever online to check for updates. So you'd just uninstall the offending component: Desktop or Bar or Picassa, or whatever...no?


No comments:

Post a Comment