Friday, November 13, 2009

How can I stop Google toolbar from installing itself?

I had Google's v3 toolbar and was very happy with it, but apparently Google wants to force everyone onto v4, and "upgrades" it whether you like it or not. After uninstalling v4 and reinstalling v3 several times, only to have v4 forced on me repeatedly, I just uninstalled the toolbar entirely and said to hell with it.





But guess what? Google is installing their v4 toolbar on my computer, EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT USING GOOGLE TOOLBAR ANYMORE AND HAVE REMOVED IT FROM MY COMPUTER! That's right. I have no Google toolbar but Google installs one for me anyway. How can I stop this behaviour? I uninstalled using the Control Panel utility. I am using IE6 and have WinXP home (unfortunately, otherwise I would block Google using permissions). Silly non-answers and admonitions to blindly submit to Google's updates will be flagged for abuse.

How can I stop Google toolbar from installing itself?
Have you installed some other program? Often an irritating tool bar is packaged in with other programs. Just be more observant next time you're downloading something, and UNCHECK the toolbar box. It's always already checked. Other than that you've tried everything I would have tried it seems. Hope you get what you're looking for.








This isn't an "admonition ot blindly submit to Google's updates" or a "non-answer". You're a little flag-happy aren't you?
Reply:You're rude.Since no one else bothered to humour such a sour attitude, I guess you're only talking to me right? Why is it that the most irritating and ignorant people have no email option? Because you can't stand hearing the truth about yourself. Thanks for the ten, ********. Report It



No comments:

Post a Comment