Friday, November 13, 2009

Google Search - First Search Works, Second Search Does Not?

If I go to www.google.com and type (as an example) "elephant" into the search box and press the Google Search button or simply hit return, Google goes out and retrieves a list of pages that contain the term "elephant". This behavior is as expected.





But, if I then type another term, say "hippopotamus" into the search box and press the button or hit enter, I do not get a page of search results about the hippo, but I am stuck on the page of results for "elephant".





It's like I can only exeucte a search on one term/phrase/word in a session. It will not take any additional searches.





Incidentally, I happen to have the Google toolbar installed on my Internet browser (Internet Explorer), and that box on the toolbar works OK every time.





It's only the box on the google.com page that does not work after the first time.





Any help?

Google Search - First Search Works, Second Search Does Not?
Definitely sounds odd. If you haven't already, you might want to report the problem via Google's Web Search Center at the following link:





http://www.google.com/support/bin/reques...


No comments:

Post a Comment